If you are looking for something to temporarily lengthen your hair or add in some faux highlights, tape in hair extensions can be the best option as they are not permanent and are relatively simple to put in. Tape-in hair extensions are a quick and easy method that results in a very natural look. No one can imagine that you are wearing any extensions.
Here at Chandra Hair, our stylists and hair extension experts recommend tape-in for just about everyone. We always recommend tape in extensions if you have thin and fragile hair because it is a gentle method with thin and highly discreet attachments. From installation to removing the extensions, here is everything you need to know about tape-in hair extensions.
What Is Tape-In Hair Extensions
Tape in hair extensions is not new in the game of hair extensions. We all know the tape in extensions from different names such as tape-on, tape hair, tape extensions, hair extensions, etc. Hair extensions with tape is a method that allows you voluminous, long, natural-looking hair within an hour. Tape in hair extensions is available in various colors, lengths, and qualities. Like your own hair, this natural hair can become a part of your look that you can style according to your hairstyle or mood. Everyone will notice the difference in your look, but no one can notice the extensions.
Benefits Of Tape-In Hair Extensions
● Do not damage your natural hair: The pieces of tape hair extensions weigh between 2 and 3 g, so they won’t feel heavy or slide off. They work well if you have fragile or damaged hair.
● Ideal if you have thin hair: If you have thin hair in which attachments always
remain visible, tape in hair extensions is perfect for you. So you can get rid of this problem with a pro tape extension.
● The result is very natural-looking: Thanks to its soft and thin tape, you can get an obscure wing. Your great waves will undoubtedly stand out, but it would not be evident that you are wearing extensions.
● Easy to remove: Thanks to our experts and special remover, it is easy to remove the extensions when there is time to roll them up.
● Easy to reuse: you can reuse your tape-in extensions by buying the refill tape. It is convenient, easy, and valuable for money.
● More Comfortable: The tape used in this extension is both soft and very thin. You will hardly notice that you have tape in.
How To Do Tape-In Hair Extensions
The best way we suggest you is to get the tape installed in hair extensions with a professional or experts. But if you want to install tape-in hair extensions by yourself, it is not as difficult as it seems. Just you need to do is have some basic knowledge about it. So let's get back on track and forward to get what steps you need to follow to get the whole new one.
Steps To Sectioning Your Hair
● Wash your hair: Tape in extensions will last longer if you apply them to clean hair. Before applying the tape extensions to your hair, wash and dry your hair as you usually would.
● Cut across your scalp: Make a flat cut with your finger or a comb about an inch from the scruff of your neck. Then apply for the extensions near the line made by the part so that your upper hair will hide the clips.
● Sectioning the top hair: You can use hair clips to attach the hair above the part line. Don't forget to make sure that your hair is completely secured. You do not want any hair falling and getting in the way while securing your extensions.
● Remove a thin portion from the non-clipped part: It is a way to sandwich a thin strand of hair below your cut line between the top and bottom extensions. The strand of hair, you are sandwiching, should be fragile. The sticky tape on both extensions can stick together through the hair. Catch a fragile strand of hair from the hair below your cut line about the length of the extension.
● Measure the section: Use a cloth tape measurer to measure the section of hair that you parted before attaching the extension. By this, you will be able to choose how many pieces of the extension you will require to add along with that section of hair. Repeat this process for every section.
Steps For Applying For The Extension On Your Hair
● Attach the bottom extension under the thin hair portion: Take your hair strand and lift it a little. Then drag the stripe covering the glue on the bottom extension. Press on the bottom extension under the thin strand of hair you are lifting.
● Secure the top extension: After removing the sticky tape covering the extension, press on top of your strand of hair. It should stick the top and bottom extensions together. And to secure them, press them together with pliers for a few seconds.
● Repeat the process from another side: Repeat this process until you have added all the extensions for the other side of your head. The exact number of extensions you are adding depends on the size of your head. You will probably use about five rows of hair extensions or more, depending on how voluminous you want your hairstyle to be.
How To Maintain Your Tape Hair Extensions
If you have tape-in hair extensions, it is essential to take care of every little thing to maintain Then well. To maintain your tape-in extensions to stay longer and more affable, choosing hair care that can have lots of nutrients and moisture in the products is necessary. Consider using those brushes that are specially made for hair extensions. Another piece of advice is not to wash your hair or hair extensions too constantly. When it comes to shampoo, always go for dry shampoo to give your hair a rest, which can enable your hair and hair extensions to stay beautiful and even longer.
Furthermore, you can also wear tape-in extensions while sleeping with proper care. The tape extensions have extremely thin bonding, which drives them comfy to wear even while sleeping. It may be an excellent idea to brush and weave your hair before going to bed. It reduces the risk of tangles as well as the wear and tears on your hair.
How To Style And Cut Tape Hair Extensions
We can cut and style your hair extensions just as we would do with any other type of hair extension. You can even cut your hair after adding your hair extensions, depending on the result you are looking for. Our hair, consisting of genuine strands, can be shaped just as your natural hair to suit your look. It is a fine idea to create a balance between natural hair and hair extensions that can hide the gaps between the two. If you want to cut the extensions, you will need to bend the scissors and thin out the hair extension strand by strand, beginning from the roots. But if you are not sure about doing this, you should always contact or speak to your stylist.
Furthermore, you can style the tape-in hair extensions just like your natural hair. When you use a flat iron, curling iron, or other hot instruments in your hair, you must also use heat protection to protect your natural hair and the hair extensions from harsh exposure. But be always careful to avoid the fastening points in your extensions when you style your hair using heat.
How To Reuse And Remove Tape Extensions
The tape-in extensions allow you to reuse them, plus you can easily remove them without any significant difficulty. After a certain period, you can remove your tape-in extensions whenever you want, to use a remover and a pintail comb. The tape will dissolve, allowing you to remove the hair extensions smoothly as quickly as you put them. Next, you can reuse these extensions by removing any tape remains. You can reuse the hair by involving new tape
refills to the earlier used bonding and attaching the hair again in an exact way.
The tape-in hair extensions are widely recommended for their quality and accessibility. Since an extension requires little maintenance, it lets you be free and allows you to participate in outdoor activities without bothering about your hair. However, high quality is the primary key in terms of the durability and comfort of the extension. You may have difficulty maintaining low-quality extensions, so always prefer higher quality tape-in hair extensions for the best experience. Besides, choosing the right hair extension can sometimes feel confusing since there are many options available, and sometimes it is easiest to jump on what’s trending. But taking the time to assess your lifestyle, hair type, and the look you want to acquire will help you pick the best hair extensions. At Chandra Hair, you will get a variety of tape-in hair extensions at a reasonable price without having a fear of getting the worst.